Inside a MasterCraft Race Seat
1. Mastercraft seats are made from high-quality Rogue Naugahyde with a center insert of close-weave nylon fabric and slots for a 5-point harness system. Optional gromments in the cover provide a bellows action to keep you cool. Many colors are available to complement or contrast any racing color scheme.
2. Polyurethane foam of differing thickness and density is glued to the liner and built up to achieve desired shape. Mastercraft will custom-fit any seat to assure correct body contour and driving position!
3. All stress points are double-lapped and grommeted for max stength. Liner is attached to frame and tied with nylon parachute cord.
4. Your Mastercraft seat may be ordered with optional lumbar support. Fitted to seat frame, it offers up to 3" of adjustable lumbar support, and adjustment knob may be attached to right or left side.
5. Suspension liner is made of a nylon-coated textile mesh that provides extreme strength and durability. The porous mesh will breathe and allow moisture to pass through.
6. Mastercraft's rugged seat frames are constructed with mandrel-bent and Mig-welded 3/4" mild-steel tubing (.065" wall, HREW 1010)
The following guide should help you understand the differences between the original suspension seat created by MasterCraft and the imitations!
|Frame||.065, ¾” mild steel. Head rest applied separately - won't affect the integrity of the frame||.049, ¾” mild steel. Back frame is all one piece - can't change the angle of headrest|
|Mounting||Tubing runs along floor and back up to itself, with flat strap running from front to back, allowing weight to be evenly disbursed throughout the bottom of the seat - No tweaking||4 -1 ½”-wide tabs welded on corners|
|2nd Suspension||(2) Pirelli rubber straps added for extra support in the tailbone area||Straps not used|
|Suspension Liner||Mesh - no seams in sling - all one piece||Coated vinyl - 2-piece sling sewn together at bottom of seat/back and headrest seam|
|Sling attachment||Flaps have 1-in. extruded plastic strips sewn in. Brass grommets provide a stable non-moving anchor for flaps to join with lacing cord. Cord is used only to attach flaps together. Provides continuous balance||.090 hanger wire provides an unstable moving area for flaps to join together. Lacing cord is used as a major part of the suspension. Provides inconsistent balance|
|Side Flaps||Face each other with a maximum spread of 2 inches||Face each other with a spread of 4-½ inches - more cord|
|Bottom Flaps||Face each other with a maximum spread of 2 inches.||Face each other with 15-inch spread.|
|Separate piece, seamed at top with foam added for comfort. Sling wraps around ¾" tubing in shoulder area with an 18-inch spread||Sling runs up to top of headrest and is seamed at top with foam added. Seam at headrest supports entire back suspension. No attachment to back of frame|
|Stitching||.055 length of stitch - more stitches per inch||.090 length of stitch - less stitches per inch|
|Lacing cord||Used to hold the suspension flaps together||Used as a major part of the bottom suspension|
|Foam||All foam is 1.4 lb. - Heavier density & fire retardant. Foam is cut in various sizes. Placed around all edges to protect cover and give added comfort||All foam is1.0 lb. - Lighter density & fire retardant. Foam cut in various sizes. Placed around all edges to protect cover and give added comfort|
|Inside back||1.4 lb (heavier) foam in lumbar area is 3 inches thick||1.0 lb. (lighter) foam in lumbar area is 2 inches thick|
|Inside base||1.4 lb. (heavier) foam 2-4 inches in bottom of seat||1.0 (lighter) foam 1-2 inches in bottom of seat|
|Inside sides||1.4 lb. (heavier) foam is 1-inch thick||1.0 lb. (lighter) foam is 1-inch thick|
|Slot covers||Vinyl is placed over the 5-point slots - you don't see the foam||Not covered|
|Cover||Nylon fabric glued to ½” muslin-backed foam. All seams are double stitched at start and finish – no friction between fabric/foam for longer wear||Nylon fabric joined to 1-inch foam with single-lined seam, no back stitching. Causes friction/puckering in cover|
|Back||(3) separate pieces of vinyl sewn together to create a polished look||(1) piece of vinyl, no additional sewing|
|Belt holes||Reinforced with liner material for extra strength||Not reinforced|
|Band||Vinyl glued to ½” foam for additional padding, sectioned for custom fit to follow contours of seat||Vinyl one-piece band, no foam added|
|Welt||Vinyl hand-wrapped around welting||Vinyl hand-wrapped around welting|
|MOST IMPORTANTLY||You will find our name on every product we make!||No identifying tag or name|